Samsung Magician software, up until the version 4.9.7, has been an end-user application with a collection of features to help manage Samsung branded SSDs. With New Samsung Magician, it is aimed at providing a better user experience with a new GUI, feature-level update schemes. Samsung Magician software is developed and distributed exclusively for owners of Samsung Solid Sate Drives (SSDs). Samsung Magician software is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Magician does not require Internet access to run. However, to get updates for the latest Firmware, Feature modules or application, internet connection is required. There is always the risk of data loss when updating SSD firmware. It is imperative that the user backs up any important data before performing a firmware update. In order for Samsung Magician to function properly, the time of the PC needs to be correctly set.
The SSD should not be removed or disconnected while FW Update, Performance Optimization, Benchmarking, Secure Erase, Over Provisioning, Data Security or RAPID features are in progress. Doing so could result in data corruption. Data corruption may also result if the user terminates the Magician application abnormally. If there are some system issues for Magician to perform functions, System Compatibility will provide guide to fix the issues.
Samsung Magician Software Features:
• Firmware or Magician updates alarm function.
• Secure Erase USB bootable solution for NVMe device.
• Adopting Diskspd for Performance Benchmark.
• Text drag and copy available in System Compatibility –
• Magician shows only volumes mounted with letter.
• Magician will not work on SSDs that are locked with a user password.
• RAID on mode in SATA configuration is not supported by Samsung Magician and USB bootable solution.
• In Windows 7, the Samsung NVMe Driver is required for Magician to fully support Samsung’s NVMe device.
• SSD Optimization helps you configure your OS to work best with your SSD.
• Over provisioning optimizes the performance and lifespan of your SSD. A small amount of disk space is required for the SSD controller.
• Samsung Magician is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
• Use performance benchmark to test the performance of a connected memory device. It is recommended that you do not perform other tasks while benchmarking is in progress.
• Use system compatibility to check the general compatibility between Samsung SSDs and your system resources.
File Name: Samsung Magician Software
Download Size: 28.6 MB
File Type: .Exe
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
License: Free Download
Language: Multiple Languages
Publisher: Samsung Electronics