Download Microsoft Windows XP Audio Driver
Drivers provide the interface between your system hardware and your OS (operating system) so that Windows knows how to read the information which comes from your speaker, headset, scanner, printer, web cam, mouse, keyboard, video card, and many more. Downloading and installing audio drivers is not an easy task. Getting the right set of driver for your PC can sometimes be a big hassle. Sometimes it’s difficult to find the right drivers for your specific hardware.
Drivers are mostly the software components, which are usually required by the computer hardware for using the PC more competent way. There are number of driver available for PC, out of which the audio driver are the most important one. If you have a speaker or headphones attach with your PC then it is must for you to install audio driver to play any sound by those output devices.
If there is a problem with you sound drivers, you may experience any of the following problems on your Windows XP computer:
- When you play a video or MP3 you don’t hear any sound either through your headphones or speakers.
- When you play a sound clip, a sound is played, but it stops abruptly.
- When you double-click on a sound clip, the computer freezes or stops responding.
- When you play a sound file, computer restarts on its own.
Sometimes it can be very hard to find the right driver de audio for Windows XP, especially when you format and reinstall the operating system and find that your PC needs new set of sound drivers. Having the proper drivers for your hardware device is critical. If you download and install the wrong set of driver then your hardware may not run properly. This is where people get confused and end up spending money on computer repair shop.
Some online websites performs a free scan to your PC to find out which driver is needed for your hardware. If you don’t know which driver supports your PC then you may perform such free scan. It will guide you to find out which updated version of the software is available and which one suits your system hardware. Downloading and installing telecharger driver son Windows XP service pack 1, 2 and 3 can playback your all time favourite music and videos, listen to online internet radio and MP3 collection.
How to Update Sound Card Driver:
If the audio driver is already being installed, then you don’t have to take any headache for installing the sound driver as windows will automatically update those drivers. The sound card driver may have been damaged or need to be updated, for one or more reason, and will have to download all the updates and install it.
Follow these steps to update the sound card drivers for Windows XP 32 and 64 bit.
- Click on the start menu button
- After that click on the control panel
- Go to the administrative tools under that computer management option
- Click on device manager at the left hand side
- Inside the device manager you will find sound and video option
- Click on plus symbol to expand the list
- Right click on the audio driver and select update driver
- Windows will now automatically download and install the updates
Window XP Volume Drivers Download:
If that won’t work for you then you can download the universal audio driver for Windows XP which supports any computer. But, before installing the drivers find out few things first.
1. Have you tried adjusting the volume settings on your PC.
2. Make sure you do not have the volume muted.
3. Is the file you are trying to play work properly.
4. If your computer can not play the media file.
5. Check if your speakers or headphones are plugged in correctly.
6. The audio cable to the speakers or headsets must be plugged into the audio jack.
7. Check if the problem is not due to a faulty output device. Plug a different output device, If the sound plays ok with another device, then it is obvious that the problem was due to faulty output device.
8. Determine if the audio device is properly configured. Recheck the device manager if you have more than one sound driver installed, the device you are trying to use must appear as the default audio device.
Since sound drivers tend to work in the background, many users do not realize such errors caused by device drivers unless they face the problem. Most users who enjoy watching videos, listening to the songs and playing video games in their PC, often face such issues with sound card drivers. Windows XP has build-in device driver rollback feature and device driver verifier.
File Name: Windows XP Audio Driver
Download Size: 18.8 MB
File Type: .Exe
OS: Windows XP SP1, SP2 and SP3 (32-Bit and 64-Bit)
License: Free Download
Category: Sound Card Drivers