Download WinRAR File Archiver for Windows PC
WinRAR is Windows version of the RAR archiver – a powerful tool which allows you to create, manage and control archive files. There are several versions of RAR, for a number of operating system: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS X. WinRAR is able to create archives in two different formats: RAR and ZIP. Both RAR and ZIP formats are able to handle files of practically unlimited size. Here is a comparison of these RAR and ZIP formats:
Typically RAR format provides better compression than ZIP, especially in the solid mode. WinRAR multi-volume archives in RAR format allow more functions like self-extracting volumes. RAR format has also a few important features missing in ZIP, such as the recovery record allowing reconstructing damaged data and locking important archives to prevent their accidental modification.
The main advantage of ZIP format is its popularity. For example, most archives on Internet are ZIP archives. So if you are going to send an archive to somebody, but you are not sure that your addressee has WinRAR to extract the archive contents, it might be a good idea to use the ZIP format. Another ZIP advantage is speed. ZIP archives are usually created faster than RAR. Download and install Winrar File Archiver Utility for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 PC (32-bit or 64-bit).
Internal format of RAR and ZIP archives created by WinRAR allows storing practically any number of files of practically any size. Actual limits depend on the file system and available memory. Some older file systems do not support files larger than 4 GB. Also please take into account that 32 bit WinRAR cannot use more than 2 GB of memory. If you need to process a lot of files or use large dictionaries, 64 bit WinRAR may be preferable.
WinRAR may be used in one of two ways: in graphical shell mode with a standard Windows interface or in command line mode. It is also possible to add files, to an existing RAR archive, using drag-and-drop. Select the desired archive in the WinRAR window and press Enter on its name. RAR will read the archive and display its contents. You may now add files to the archive by simply dragging them from another program and dropping to WinRAR.
Features Features of WinRAR for Windows PC:
• WinRAR introduces an original compression algorithm. It provides a high compression ratio on executable files, object libraries, large text files, etc.
• Internally RAR format does not limit archive and file sizes also as a number of files in archive. These values may be limited by file and operating systems also as by available memory.
• WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP 2.0 archives and is able to unpack 7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z archives.
• Support all Microsoft Windows OS including Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
• WinRAR offers both a classic interactive Windows interface and the command line interface.
• WinRAR provides functionality for creating a ‘solid’ archive, which can raise the compression ratio by 10% – 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing large numbers of small files.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create customizable SFX archives.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create a multi-volume archive as SFX.
• Optional recovery record allows to protect archives from damage.
• WinRAR offers a number of service functions, such as encrypting files, adding archive comments and preserving NTFS file security.
File Name: WinRAR Archiver
Download Size: 2.82 MB
File Type: .Exe
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
License: Free Download
Language: Multiple Languages
Version: 5.61 (latest version)
Category: File Compressor Software